Ph.D.: University of Chinese Academy of Sciences (Dalian Institute of Chemical Physics), Dalian, China, 2007-2013
|Work Experience||2019-present, Associate Professor at Materials Genome Institute of Shanghai University, Shanghai, China
2015-2019, Postdoc at Fritz Haber Institute of the Max Planck Society, Berlin, Germany
2014-2015, Postdoc at University of California Riverside, Riverside, USA
2013-2014, Postdoc at The University of Sydney, Sydney, Australia
|Research Interests||Data-Driven Materials Science:
1. Data-driven materials discovery, e.g. perovskite materials, catalytic materials
2. Development of data-driven methods for materials science
|Significant Recognition||2018 Young Eastern Scholar of Shanghai
2017 Selected to attend the 67th Lindau Nobel Laureate meeting: dedicated to Chemistry
2013 Presidential Scholarship of Chinese Academy of Science
|Selected Publications||1. C. J. Bartel, C. Sutton, B. R. Goldsmith, R. Ouyang, C. B. Musgrave, L. M. Ghiringhelli, and M. Scheffler, New tolerance factor to predict the stability of perovskite oxides and halides, Sci. Adv. 5, eaav0693 (2019).
2. R. Ouyang, E. Ahmetcik, C. Carbogno, M. Scheffler, and L. M. Ghiringhelli, Simultaneous learning of several materials properties from incomplete databases with multi-task SISSO, J. Phys. Mater. in press, https://doi.org/10.1088/2515-7639/ab077b (2019).
3. R. Ouyang, S. Curtarolo, E. Ahmetcik, M. Scheffler, and L. M. Ghiringhelli, SISSO: a compressed-sensing method for identifying the best low-dimensional descriptor in an immensity of offered candidates, Phys. Rev. Mater. 2, 083802 (2018).
4. S. Hu*, R. Ouyang*, and W.-X. Li, First-principles kinetics study of carbon monoxide promoted Ostwald ripening of Au particles on FeO/Pt(111), J. Energy. Chem. 30, 108 (2019). *(equal contributions)
5. R. Ouyang, and D.-e. Jiang, Understanding selective hydrogenation of α,β-unsaturated ketones to unsaturated alcohols on the Au25(SR)18 cluster, ACS Catal. 5, 6624 (2015).
6. R. Ouyang, and D.-e. Jiang, Ligand-conformation energy landscape of thiolate-protected gold nanoclusters, J. Phys. Chem. C 119, 21555 (2015).
7. R. Ouyang, Y. Xie, and D.-e. Jiang, Global minimization of gold clusters by combining neural network potentials and the basin-hopping method, Nanoscale 7, 14817 (2015).
8. J. Yan, R. Ouyang, P. S, Jensen, E. Ascic, D. Tanner, B. Mao, J. Zhang, C. Tang, N. S. Hush, J., Ulstrup, and J. R. Reimers, Controlling the stereochemistry and regularity of butanethiol self-assembled monolayers on Au(111), J. Am. Chem. Soc. 136, 17087 (2014).
9. R. Ouyang, J. Liu, and W.-X. Li, Atomistic theory of Ostwald ripening and disintegration of supported metal particles under reaction conditions, J. Am. Chem. Soc., 135, 1760 (2013).
10. R. Ouyang, W.-X. Li, First-principles study of the adsorption of Au atoms and Au2 and Au4 clusters on FeO/Pt(111), Phys. Rev. B 84, 165403 (2011).
Full list of my publication record can be found at: